The Egyptian Museum in Turin is the second most important collection of ancient Egyptian antiquities after that of the Cairo Museum. Its collections are of extraordinary value, ranging from famous black granite statue of Ramses II to the intact tomb of the architect Kha.
The Foundation intends to abide by the standards established by ICOM (International Council of Museums) and those set by the Ministry of Culture in the decree of 10.05.2001.
The definition of a Museum according to ICOM is as follows:
The Foundation has its seat in the palace of the Academy of Sciences which has housed the Museum since its foundation (1824).
The Foundation is in the midst of several initiatives among which are:
• improvement of the gallery installations
• a temporary re-installation of the Statuary Galleries executed by Dante Ferretti
• a ‘green route’ curated by the garden architect Paolo Peyrone
• introduction of new improved services for visitors
• re-mounting of the objects
• provision of new published guides to the Museum in two languages
• bilingual labelling
• promotion and marketing of the Museum