Via Eleonora Duse 1 bis - Tel: 011.5617776 (office number: 222) - mail: firstname.lastname@example.org -
Open: Mon., Wed., Fri.: 14-17 , Tues., Thur. : 10-13, 14-17.
The library of the Egyptian Museum grew from an original collection formed from 1824 onward, the year when the museum was established. With its strong specialization in Egyptology, it has only few matches worldwide, and over time has become a landmark for scholars internationally. The collection includes 7400 books, 2100 journal issues, 171 booklets, 182 graduation theses, microfilms, the bibliographic collection of the Biblioteca Botti (about 500 between books and journal issues).
After a first digitization policy started in 1998, a second one was implemented when the Foundation stepped in, which led to a new catalogue of the whole librarian collection. The main purpose of the library is to support the scientific research of the Egyptian Museum, but access is open to all. The books can only be consulted on place. No lending is envisaged. With due regard for applicable legislation and conservation issues, users can obtain paper or digital reproductions, at fixed prices. A PC providing free access to the OEB (Online Egyptological Bibliography) is placed at the public’s disposal.