The Library of the Museo Egizio of Turin
The library, with few equals, is specialized in Egyptological subjects and constitutes a point of reference by scholars from all over the world. Among its holdings there are:
- 7600 monographs (including encyclopaedia)
- 2100 periodicals
- 171 volumes
- 182 theses
- microfilm and other materials (inventory in progress)
An important step was begun in 1998 with the computerisation of the holdings, now in its final phase. In the future it will be possible to offer remote access to the catalogue on line.
Awaiting the "New Egyptian Museum" in 2015 the Library has been temporarily relocated to the National Library - Piazza Carlo Alberto, 3 (1st floor - on the right side).
The library is open to the public as follows:
From Monday to Friday: 10 am - 1 pm / 2 pm - 5 pm
During the summer period, the Library will be open in the following hours:
- Mon - Fri / 11am-1pm
Please note that:
- it may be necessary to limit access during the summer;
- because the library constitutes a working library, which supports the scientific work of the Museum, its use is limited to students and scholars;
- the rare and precious volumes are only available to visitors on special request;
- books can only be consulted within the library and cannot be loaned; photocopies, within the limit specified by copyright law, can be made in the library.
For information on the holdings and to access the bibliographical archives, please contact:
Tel. +39 011 5617776 ext. 222 or firstname.lastname@example.org