Europa Nostra Awards: Live Streaming Award Ceremony “Turin Papyrus Online Platform (TPOP)” – 12 October 2020
It will be possible to follow the event in live streaming on the Museum's Facebook channel.
- Evelina Christillin, President of Museo Egizio
- Christian Greco, Director of Museo Egizio
- Susanne Töpfer, Curator of Museo Egizio’s papyri collection
- Hermann Parzinger, Executive President of Europa Nostra
- M. Cristina Vannini, Member of the Jury of the European Heritage Awards/Europa Nostra Award
- Massimo Gaudina, Head of European Commission’s Representation in Milan
- Luca Jahier, President of the European Economic and Social Committee
The "Turin Papyrus Online Platform" moves away from closed archives towards open data, which is a major step forward in the domain of historical archiving and digital humanities. The Museo Egizio holds one of the world’s most significant papyrus collections, which comprises nearly 700 whole or reassembled manuscripts and over 17,000 papyrus fragments; documenting over 3,000 years of written material culture in seven scripts and eight languages. The aim of the TPOP project, whose first phase started in 2017 and ended in September 2019, is to make all the papyri accessible to both the scientific community and the general public, as well as to ensure better conservation and enhancement.
For more information: https://collezionepapiri.museoegizio.it/